This is day 1 of my 30 day writing challenge. I’m going to follow these prompts for the next 30 days as a way to help me get back in the habit of writing again. It may seem unusual for me to begin this project on the 7th day of the month. However, I’m just back from a trip, so I’m feeling like this is a good beginning.
15 Interesting Facts
1. I have been telling people that I’m a year older than I actually am for the past several months. I believed it.
2. I’ve come to realize lately that my memory isn’t as good as it once was.
3. The quantity of my professional work is much greater than the quality of my work.
4. I enjoy long baths. (Is that interesting?)
5. I tend to talk way too much when I’ve been drinking.
6. I eat eggs, but gag a little if they’re undercooked. I fear cracking open an egg and seeing blood or a foot or something.
7. My eyes are blueish-greenish-silver.
8. I screen films and read magazines as volunteer work.
9. I have a soft spot for the hear/see/speak no evil monkeys.
10. I have a black and white photo of my grandparents next to my desk at work.
11. I have no idea what prompted my coworker to text me asking if we could lighten the mood of the conversation Saturday at 2:15am. I think it may have had something to do with that photo of my grandparents.
12. German visitors to my office knew more about my heritage than I did.
13. I need to get back in the habit of drinking more water than I want.
14. I love to color. (That’s not a metaphor.)
15. I also love to quietly sit and color with friends. (Still not a metaphor.)
Cheers to my friend Matt for the inspiration and format.