>I’ve been reading back posts and realize that I haven’t done much baring of the soul lately. Not that I’m particularly up for it, but I figure that I owe you guys a little something (other than a beer or two). So, without further ado… a list of questions that I borrowed from Steph.
1. What was the first car your family had?
The first one I can remember is a purple El Camino. I would ride with the neighbor kid behind the seat(s?) and eat construction paper on the way home from kindergarten. Don’t ask how I remember this stuff. Ooh! There was a “lucky rock” back there too.
2. What was the name of your first pet and why?
The first pet that I remember was a Pomeranian named Foxy Lady. Jimi Hendrix eat your heart out.
3. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Angela Bower from Who’s the Boss. I didn’t care much for the snot nosed teenagers, but I did like the idea of being paid for creative ideas and having a male housekeeper. Oh! And she wore a Barbie-would-be-envious-pretty-dress in one of the episodes… I think it was more about the flip charts than anything. Jumbo magic markers are yummy.
4. What was the name of your elementary school?
Clay-Huff Elementary (Two township names hyphenated.)
5. Who was your first best friend?
Early years: Krista Brown.
Later in grade school: Rachel Stirk.
6. Are you still friends today, and if not, what happened?
Krista moved away. Who knows where Rachel went after Purdue.
7. What was your favorite board game?
Heh… It would have to be Scruples. I became obsessed with it as soon as I was told that I was too young to play.
8. Did you play house or other make believe games?
We’d play house all the time. And, we’d try to cure our stuffed animals by performing unnecessary surgeries on them.
9. Were you a Dungeons and Dragons geek?
10. Did you sleep with stuffed animals as a kid?
11. Do you still sleep with stuffed animals?
Sometimes, though I stopped relying on them for emotional support.
12. Who was the first person you looked up to when you were younger?
One of my Aunts who wore pantyhose to work and had a lot of purple clothes. Rumor has it that she’d “let me” clean out her purse.
13. Who was your favorite relative?
That’s not a fair question… They were all favorite for one reason or another.
14. Were you short or tall in elementary school?
Neither short nor tall. I’ve always been of average height.
15. Were you teased in school?
Um, yes. Four eyes are better than two!
16. What was the name of your favorite teacher?
Probably Miss Trimble. She was an undercover nun. That made her mysterious.
17. What was the name of your least favorite teacher?
Mrs. Pennington. I can’t remember why I couldn’t stand her.
18. What was your best subject in school?
Art. No doubt.
19. What was your worst subject in school?
20. Did you do well in Physical Education?
My third grade teacher made fun of me for wearing a Speedo T-Shirt once as I was “telling” during show and tell. What do you think?
21. Were you clumsy when you were younger?
Slightly to mildly.
22. Who was your favorite band as a kid?
I really liked Boy George and the Culture Club, Michael Jackson and Bananarama. Before then, I don’t really remember.
23. What was your favorite movie as a kid?
My favorite movie memory is of going to see E.T. Not sure if it was my favorite movie or just the only one that I can remember seeing during childhood. We didn’t go to the movies very often.
24. Did your parents read to you?
Yes. I was also forced to write book reports in concentration camp-like settings (a.k.a. – In my room while Mom took a nap.)
25. Did you have a favorite book?
I liked Trixie Belden and Choose Your Own Adventure books.
26. What was your favorite restaurant as a kid?
We’d go to Pizza Inn after church on Saturday evenings. For Pizza out, it’s Pizza Inn.
27. What TV or movie star did you have a crush on?
Um… What was the guy’s name from Karate Kid. Yeah, the kid.
28. Do you now wonder what you were thinking?
Yep. Though, I think he had “good hair”.
29. Who was your first crush in school?
30. As a child, what kind of car did you want when you grew up?
31. Did your parents spank you?
Remind me to tell you about the time that I locked my middle sister in the fruit cellar sometime.
32. Did your parents fight a lot when you were a kid?
I don’t remember them ever fighting.
33. Did your parents get divorced or stay married?
Still married. 33 years a few months ago.
34. If they got divorced, how old were you when it happened?
35. Did you ever run away from home?
Ha! I once took a walk to the neighbor’s without telling Mom where I was going and was grounded for several weekends… So, nope.
36. How old were you when/if you first got glasses?
1 1/2 years old. Still considering lasik.
37. Did you need braces or a retainer?
I didn’t need braces, but I wanted them.
38. If you’re male, how old were you when you had your first wet dream?
39. Both sexes when did you start shaving?
Sixth grade? Seventh grade?
40. Girls when did you start wearing a bra?
41. What was your first kiss like?
I don’t remember, but I could probably look in my diary if adequately bribed.
42. What did you do on your first date?
I don’t think I had an actual first date until the summer before college.
43. How old were you when you first drank?
18. I was a “good girl” (read: prude) until college.
44. Where was your first house?
Home-home is in “Southern Indiana” (must be pronounced with a heavy backwoods accent, though home-home isn’t very backwoods at all).