>Easy, cheesy, beautiful Friday Five:
1. Who is your favorite singer/musician? Why?
I’ve had a ton of Ben Harper songs stuck in my head lately. Does that count for anything? Other than that I’d vote Tori Amos as my favorite singer and They Might Be Giants as my favorite band. Wait, no one asked about a band did they?
2. What one singer/musician can you not stand? Why?
I have a huge problem with Pink Floyd. I think (read: know) that it has something to do with masks, meatgrinders and mediocre children from The Wall.
3. If your favorite singer wasn’t in the music business, do you think you would still like him/her as a person?
Tori: Not so much.
TMBG: Most likely.
4. Have you been to any concerts? If yes, who put on the best show?
I’ve been to many concerts. I’d have to say that TMBG puts on the best show of the ones I’ve seen. Fun people, crazy fun, goofy fun, friendly fun.
5. What are your thoughts on downloading free music online vs. purchasing albums? Do you feel the RIAA is right in its pursuit to stop people from dowloading free music?
So that’s what all of these questions were leading up to then? I’ve never downloaded “free” music and haven’t even been able to benefit from someone else’s downloads. Around the time that I finally managed to put together a decent list of songs I’d actually want to listen to back-to-back, the media started mentioning this “We see you evil downloaders” garbage… no one came through on my happy songs CD.